Thursday, April 9, 2009
Yoga for Women--Yoni Mudra
This is a yoga practice for women to celebrate the female aspect and enhance it in all of us. This is used as part of mind-control practices and also a powerful spiritual practice.
For everything, the starting position is the belief and confidence that it work. Have that confidence and belief, surrender yourself to this practice and sure you will see good results.
1. Choose a calm, quite place;
2. Have a clean Yoga mat;
3. Site in any meditative pose--Vajrasana or thunderbolt;
4. Slowly close your eyes;
5. Except thumb and index finger, interlock rest of the fingers;
6. Extend the index fingers of both hands ensuring the tips are touching;
7. Similarly with the thumb--the tips should touch each other;
8. Hold this pose--Yoni-like shape, at navel level;
9. Focus on the soft movement (up and down) of your breath at the abdomen;
10. Hold this pose and hand gesture for 3 minutes; slowly increse it to up to 5 minutes.
As per Shameem Akthar, yoga acharya trained with Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, this meditation gives the following benefits:
1. Very de-stressing;
2. Helps control chronic ailments like BP, headaches, etc.
3. Helps in higher evolution and personal growth